Emergency Reminders to Pass Along
With the recent Fires in Northern & Southern California, it’s an important time to remind your neighbors to revisit the following Emergency Items:
1. Create a Wildfire Action Plan that includes meeting locations & communication plans.
2. Have fire extinguishers on hand & train your household how to use them.
3. Ensure that your household knows where your gas, electric & water main shut-off controls are and how to use them.
- 4. Plan several different escape routes.
- 5. Designate an emergency meeting location outside of the fire hazard area.
6. Assemble a disaster supply kit. Go to www.fema.gov/areyouready/assemble_disaster_supplies_kit.shtm
for information on how to assemble a kit.
- 7. Appoint an out-of-the-area friend or relative as a point of contact so that you can communicate with household members who have relocated.
- 8. Maintain a list of emergency contact numbers posted near your phone and in your disaster supply kit.
- 9. Keep an extra disaster supply kit in your car in the event you can not get to your home because of fire.
10. Have a portable radio or scanner so that you can stay updated on the fire.
11. Create a checklist of important items you need to take in case of evacuation.
12. Create a defensible space around your home (30 to 150 feet)
DO remember the Six “P’s” in case of immediate evacuation:
Please Pass along this Important Information. Keeping yourself armed with the right knowledge can make a huge difference.
*Source of Information: Sue Burk (EHIA PResident)